College of Business & Social Sciences
Computer Science Educational Objectives & Learning Outcomes
Computer Science program educational objectives
Within 3-5 years after graduation, Computer Science graduates will:
- be valued employees in a variety of occupations, in particular as computer scientists
and software developers
- work effectively with others of varying backgrounds in team environments
Computer Science program student learning outcomes
Upon graduation, Computer Science students will demonstrate
- knowledge of the basic computer science concepts and computational principles needed
to succeed in the computing profession.
- recognition of the need to engage in further professional development.
- an ability to apply mathematical foundations and algorithmic principles to the solution
of relevant computing problems.
- an ability to function effectively on teams.
- an ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form.
- an understanding of the ethical, legal, and social responsibilities of a computing