COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCES
Minutes of CAC Meeting
March 2, 2011
Presiding: Dr. Denny Ryman
Recording: Ms. Patti Calk
In attendance: Dr. Judy Fellows, Mr. Brett Bennett , Dr. Johanna Boult, Ms. Patti Calk., Dr. Jessica Dolecheck, Dr. Emily Doughty, Ms. Beverly Jarrell, Ms. Debbie Wisenor,
1. Dean Ryman called the meeting to order at 4:02 p.m.
2. Faculty termination policy
a. “Termination for Financial Exigency and/or Program Discontinuance” policy is unclear at present
b. Tenured faculty will be given 2 semester notice. Tenure track faculty will be given 1 semester notice. Non-tenured faculty will be given 2 months notice.
3. Student Recruitment
a. COHS programs are currently at capacity. Faculty assigned to student recruitment will follow policy/plan currently in place for Faculty Outreach Initiative.
4. Foundation Scholarships
a. COHS has not spent all of our scholarship funding.
b. Will develop a policy which may include sending out scholarship letters earlier.
c. Dean Ryman will find out how we can apply/award scholarship funds remaining.
5. Request for Reports from Computing Center (University Analysis and Planning)
a. Any requests for reports must go through the Dean’s office
6. Travel Authorizations
a. Authorizations must be processed prior to trips for pre-approval.
b. Requests made after the trips will not be processed
7. Policy and Procedure Manual
a. COHS is developing a comprehensive Policy and Procedure Manual. Committees will be developed as needed. Policies will need to be consistent with University policies.
8. Dean’s Office
a. Dean Ryman will be out of the office the week of March 7-11. Associate Dean Fellows will be Acting Dean.
b. The week of March 14-18, both Dean Ryman and Dr. Fellows will be out of the office. Dr. Dolecheck will be Acting Dean
c. Dean Ryman will be able to be contacted by phone at any time.
d. Any time Department Chairs are out, the Dean needs to know in advance who will be in charge of the department.
9. Dean Ryman asked the department chairs to be considering contingency plans for clinical and internships due to possible gas shortages.
10. Brett reported that the LSRT Mid-Winter Seminar was a huge success
a. Of the 6 awards in the student competitions, ULM RT students placed 1st and 3rd in the Junior division and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in the Senior division.
b. Congratulations were made to RT
11. Johanna Boult reported that the Department of Speech-Language Pathology will hold their annual spring conference next week.
12. The meeting adjourned at 4:58 p.m.