College of Health Sciences
MINUTES FOR CAC MEETING
June 11, 2006
The College Administrative Council (CAC) met in the Nursing Conference room from 10:00-12:00. Dr. Corder called the meeting to order.
In Attendance: Jan Corder, Judy Fellows, Florencetta Gibson, Jay Hicks, Beverly Jarrell, Peggy Meredith, Marge Michel, Belinda Morgan, Paxton Oliver, and George Roberts.
Absent: Juliet Burgess and Emmy Doughty. Both were excused.
- The department has its largest (14) clinical group in several years.
- Finished comprehensives for one MS graduate student. The student will graduate this summer.
- Sharon C. and Beverly J. are leading accreditation preparations. The site visit is scheduled for October of 2006. The department is working with the OT department in “sprucing up” several rooms in Caldwell Hall.
- Deciding on candidates for admission to 48 professional nursing slots. Acceptance letters to be sent mid July.
- Deciding on candidates for admission to 30 professional OTA slots. Acceptance letters to be sent by mid July.
- The “Report of Findings” from JRCERT has been received. Both findings mentioned in the report have been resolved. This is an excellent report.
- An Open House is planned for August 2006. More information is forthcoming. SHS will soon have access to the Louisiana Immunization Network for Kids Statewide (LINKS) system for immunization checks.
2. Faculty Development Week.
- Our College wide meeting will be held on Tuesday, August 15, 2006 at 8:30 AM. DHs to submit topic and location suggestions to Corder.
- New faculty orientation is Friday, August 11, 2006. More later. Dean’s office to be represented at that meeting.
- Campus wide lunch with the President is to be held August 16, 2006 (this was changed to August 18, 2006). Please RSVP your invitation.
- More details later about Faculty Development Week
3. Endowed Professorships
- Most reports have been submitted to Corder. One report is still out and the DH will see that it is submitted ASAP. Next fall, Corder will have a meeting of Endowed Professors and present procedures to follow.
4. Leave Forms
- DHs are to send Leave forms attention to Corder. Terri H. will put on the dean’s calendar when and where faculty are when not on campus. The Leave form has no “official leave” designation on it. For example, if you attend a conference mark “Other” on the form and explain down below.
5. Letter about College being responsible for own budget
- DHs unanimously signed the letter given to them by Corder.
6. Faculty Pay Plan
- The COHS draft pay plan was distributed to DHs. Oliver and Corder presented merit and equity pay plans. The COHS desires to give 3% merit and/or 2% equity to eligible faculty. These pay adjustments will come from money designated to our College by the Provost
- Oliver presented a pay plan for giving 3% for merit while Corder presented a plan for giving 2% for equity. The merit distribution system utilizes annual faculty evaluations, ratings, and an algorithm for merit distribution.
- Corder proposed that equity be determined by comparing discipline specific national/regional salary data to ULM COHS faculty salaries.
- DHs are to give input on merit and equity plans by July 13th.
- The entire Budget Committee will meet later this month to give input into the system. The system is a work in progress.
- Central Ordering - Judy K. will be responsible for ordering supplies for each department and the College. Send your supply requests to her.
- Dues and Accreditation fees are in department budgets.
- Terri is keeping up with the LINC phone fees.
- Committee minutes must be posted on our College Web page. Send minutes to Judy K. and she will have them posted.
- Board of Regents’ Enhancement Grants include Health Sciences this year. Submit one from each department if possible.
- Prep for July 12th was discussed. Students interested in Health Sciences will meet in the Nursing Auditorium at 12:30. Corder will greet and then send students with discipline specific advisors.
Submitted by Paxton Oliver