COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCES
Minutes of CAC Meeting
August 25, 2010
Presiding: Dr. Denny Ryman
Recording: Dr. Johanna Boult
In attendance: Dr. Denny Ryman, Dr. Judy Fellows, Dr. Florencetta Gibson, Dr. Emily Doughty, Dr. Johanna Boult, Dr. Jessica Dolecheck, Ms. Beverly Jarrell, Ms. Debbie Wisenor, Mr. Brett Bennett, Ms. Patti Calk.
1. Dean Ryman wants any and all COHS faculty to attend the Convocation today at the
Bell Tower, beginning at 4:40 p.m.
2. University dropping of essential online courses.
· Dean Ryman wants Department Head to immediately notify him when essential online courses are dropped by ULM.
3. Recruiters for Health Sciences and online programs
· Will Rogers is a new recruiter assigned to the COHS. Dean Ryman will ask him to meet with department heads individually or as a group.
4. Building Issues
· E-mail Judy Kalinich with minor issues, Dr. Fellows with more substantial issues and concerns.
5. Terminal Doctoral Clinical Degree for COHS Faculty
· There is a new on-line Marriage and Family Therapy PhD program at ULM. This is not a clinical, or certification-type degree. Applicants with a Master’s degree in different disciplines will be considered.
6. Audit: Dr. Fellows
· There will be an audit conducted by the Office of Risk Management, October 5 & 6.
· If handling “cash” (cash, checks, etc) for clinics or continuing education activities, departments must follow the university’s policies and procedures. Generally, a checks and balances system with the following:
· One person receiving money and another person making deposits.
· Deposits should be made as soon as possible and no later than 24 hours after receiving.
· Student lab safety will be a particular focus of the audit.
· Ms. Wisenor reported that biohazard boxes have not been put up in the new MLS lab in the Nursing Building. She also stated that the Safety Office needs to be reminded to develop a schedule for exchanging the biohazard boxes when they are full. Dr. Fellows will follow up with Jason Roubique.
7. Drug Screens
· There have been a several positive drug screens. Dean Ryman said that the COHS will continue to have “no tolerance” policy.
8. Dean Ryman plans to have a cookout for those who have completed an advanced degree during lunchtime on a Monday or Thursday in September. A memo will be sent out.
9. CAC meetings will be scheduled every three weeks during the fall semester. A schedule will be forthcoming.