College of Health Sciences
Minutes of CAC Meeting
October 1, 2008
Presiding: Dr. Denny Ryman
Recording: Dr. Johanna Boult
The College Administrative Council met in the Dean's Conference Room from 3:30 to 4:20. Dr. Ryman called the meeting to order.
In attendance: Dr.
Denny Ryman, Dr. Paxton Oliver, Mrs.
Absent but excused: Dr. Florencetta Gibson
1. Making Changes in Dean's Office regarding Policies, Procedures, Etc. (Dr. Ryman)
· Forwarding of telephone calls
· General Mandate from Provost
· Paperwork needs to be clear, correct, etc.
· Suggestions from Department Heads requested regarding protocol for efficiency and effectiveness
· Clerical staff attending workshops/Continuing Education
· CAC reminders, correspondence will be sent out by clerical staff (Terri Hendrix)
· Department Head's should cc copies of emails to Terri
· Multiple signatures will be required with paperwork before it leaves the College office.
2. Nursing Building (Dr. Ryman)
· Insurance adjusters are working on the project
· General session of state legislature in January
· Request for money will be presented then
· Summer is projected/hoped for time to move back into building
· Destroyed items must be replaced
Dr. Flo Gibson, Ms.
· Blinds have been delivered for Caldwell; cost was $6,000 for all the blinds. Uniform look.
· Reiterated needs for lab by January for next semester.
· Preliminary accreditation report approved and working on date to set up self-study. Plans for self-study in Spring, Site visit in Fall.
· Mobile unit news
· Plans to secure funds to assist in maintenance, upkeep, and the purchase of gasoline to operate the unit.
· Department is excited and anxious about projects
· Still working on self study for accreditation
· Peggy Meredith is teaching adjunct
· Nursing is scattered, but good
· Second floor Sandel is working very well
· Thanks are due to all who contributed
· Relocation of students was difficult
· Working on student-student mentorship to ease the transition
· October 20th Pizza Party at Alumni Center (conflicts with Career Day - will be rescheduled)
9. Dr. Johanna Boult, SLP
· New clinic - progress looks good
· Brochures - name change needed; should we wait on that change pending word on uniform look being promoted by ULM Marketing? Dr. Ryman will confer on this with other Deans.
· Homecoming T-shirts October 18 10:00 Ice Cream Social
· Who's Who due Friday
· Dean's Student Council Starts Friday, October 3