College of Health Sciences
CAC Meeting Minutes
November 17, 2010
Presiding: Dr. Denny Ryman, Dean
Recording: Dr. Jessica Dolecheck
Place:† COHS Deanís Conference Room
Present:† Dr. Denny Ryman, Dr. Judy Fellows, Mr. Brett Bennett, Dr. Jessica Dolecheck, Dr. Emily Doughty, Dr. Florencetta Gibson, Ms. Carolyn Murphy, Ms. Beverly Jarrell, Ms. Debbie Wisenor.
Absent:† Dr. Johanna Boult
1. Discussion has been held about the possibility of an academic semester based on the quarter system.† Dr. Ryman reported that the Deans are not in favor of this and, currently, it does not appear that this will be implemented.
2. Dr. Ryman noted that Dr. Dolecheck will be performing additional duties related to recruiting for COHS online programs and helping to develop these programs.
3. Dr. Ryman discussed the re-design of the COHS Budget Committee. Department Heads will need to make recommendations for a faculty member from their area to be placed on the committee and send this recommendation to Dr. Ryman. No department heads will be placed on the COHS Budget Committee. The Budget Committeeís responsibilities will be to review COHS allocations and budget reduction scenarios and then, make recommendations to CAC on ways to manage these cuts. †CAC will then review & discuss recommendations.† Dean Ryman will then forward the recommendations to the Provost.
4.††† Dr. Ryman discussed elimination of extra sections of several health studies online courses to reduce the need for large numbers of health studies adjunct in spring 2011. Other adjunct appointments have been approved in other COHS departments for spring 2011 teaching.
capitation funds of $113,000 from the State are currently not available. Dr.
Ryman will continue to investigate this and other possibilities to supplement
discussed with regard to the Registrarís office requesting Departments to place
graduation averages on degree sheets. Consensus from Department Heads was that
the Registrar Office should be responsible for recording this information since
this is official content for the
student and there is significant possibility of human error if various departmental
personnel are calculating this on every student. Dr. Ryman will discuss this
issue with the Provost.
7. Brett Bennett reported that Saturday, November 20, 2010 will be the first RT alumni event from 12-2 in the Pecan Grove prior to the football game.
reported that the last blood drive of the semester will be held after
9. Dr. Ryman noted that all advising holds should be lifted by personnel in the Deanís office, not by persons in individual departments.
Meeting adjourned: 4:40 p.m.