Computing Center releases new VPN service
A new version of the Campus VPN services was released on Wednesday morning, November 11, 2009.
VPN (Virtual Private Network) allows Employees of ULM to gain access to computer resources while away from campus. This could be from home, conference, etc. These restricted resources would normally not be available to the public thru the Internet, but the VPN provides that option.
Features and Issues to take note of:
- Supports Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7 for both 32 and 64 bit versions
- Supports Mac OS X 10.5
- Authentication interface works best in Microsoft IE 5.x or higher, but is functional with Firefox and Safari
- Will need to allow an ActiveX or Java applet to install for the agent to start working
- Timed authentication at 2 hour intervals - MUST leave "timer" window open (or minimized)
- You may need to remove the prior Cisco SSL VPN Client software
The WebVPN url is still https://vpn.ulm.edu
Once the new release is activated, you will see a noticeable difference in the interface.
You will still be prompted for your ULM account username/password. This username is the user part of your email address.
NOTE: You MUST leave the "timer" window active or the VPN session will be disconnected. Also, every 2 hours you will be prompted to re-authenticate in order to keep the session active; otherwise if left idle, the session will disconnect.
As always for any questions, please contact the HelpDesk at 342-3333 or place a ticket at