ULM Diversity Committee Objectives
GOAL: Improve relations throughout the university community and interrelationships of the ULM with its surrounding external community by a dynamic inclusion of and respect for all diverse individuals and groups
Objective 1: Explore and adopt strategies to inform the ULM family about Diversity.
- Learn more about the demographics of campus students, faculty, and staff.
- Examine and explore from SACS report, Fisher report, ULM Recruitment and Retention Plan and Institutional Research to re-emphasize the issues of diverse populations.
- Find best practices among other universities with well-established Diversity awareness programs.
- Adapt best practices for institutionalizing a matter-of-fact awareness and acceptance of —even an expectation for—diverse persons and groups within the ULM family.
- Inform the President about Diversity issues on the ULM campus and effective strategies identified for possible adoption.
Objective 2: Gather, explore, adopt, and implement strategies to teach about and to celebrate all forms of Diversity.
- Identify methods of celebration within established and emerging student, faculty, and staff groups.
- Institute calendar with a complete and routine public relations strategy of celebratory events.
Objective 3: Exemplify positive aspects of Diversity awareness and action in a university setting.
- Establish a central repository of information to be staffed by appropriately diverse faculty, staff, and student workers.
- Define goals, objectives, activities and timeline toward a comprehensive research-based evaluation plan for the Office.
- Interface with northeast Louisiana community groups and formal organizations and other universities to gain and share resources for purposes of encouraging a supportive environment external to the ULM Diversity acceptance goals.