1. Submit an application to the Graduate School. If you are currently a
ULM student, you may apply online through Banner. If not, you should
download the graduate application form, fill it in and mail it to the
Graduate School. Application forms are available online at http://www.ulm.edu/gradschool/how_to_apply.html
2. Submit transcripts to the graduate school. If you are still
enrolled as an undergraduate, you should send your current transcripts,
following up with official final transcripts when you graduate. You
will need official transcripts from each school you have attended.
3. Take the GRE -- the sooner the better, especially if you want an assistantship.
4. If you want to apply for an assistantship, fill out the application
and send it to the English department. The form is online at http://www.ulm.edu/gradschool/GA_Application_Form.pdf
Also, if you are applying for an assistantship, request recommendations
from at least three people who know your scholarly potential, work history, and character
especially well. These recommendations should be sent to the English
department. Recommendation forms are online at http://www.ulm.edu/gradschool/GA_Recommendation_Form.pdf
6. If you want to apply for a work study position, fill out the
application and send it to the English department. The form is online at http://www.ulm.edu/gradschool/Work_Study_Application_Form.pdf
If you are applying for a work study position, request recommendations
from at least three people who know you and
your work especially well. Your references should send these
recommendations to the English department. The form for work study
recommendations is available online at http://www.ulm.edu/gradschool/Work_Study_Recommendation_Form.pdf
Note: Although you will not receive both an assistantship and a work study
position, many applicants submit both applications at the same time.
8. After you are accepted but before you register for classes, you
must have your vaccination records sent to the graduate school.