Ph.D., Atmospheric Sciences, Texas A&M University, 2011
M.S., Atmospheric Sciences, Texas A&M University, 2008
B.S., Meteorology (mathematics minor), University of Oklahoma, 2005
(318) 342-1879 (fax)
- Introduction to Weather and Climate I and II (ATMS 1001 and 1002)
- Weather Analysis and Forecasting (ATMS 2000)
- Dynamic Meteorology I and II (ATMS 3005 and 3006)
- Meteorology Laboratory I and II (ATMS 3007 and 3008)
- Fundamentals of Climatic Analysis (ATMS 3010)
- Meteorology Seminar (ATMS 3020)
- Synoptic Meteorology Laboratory (ATMS 4003)
- Stratiform rain and non-precipitating anvil processes
- Observed and modeled structure of mesoscale convective systems
- Precipitation and storm structure climatologies
- Microphysics and convective parameterizations
- Mesoscale-climate interactions
- Radar meteorology
- Post-secondary education and educational psychology
Undergraduate Research Projects Funded at ULM
- Justin Pullin, NSF/LaBoR (LA EPSCoR SURE): A climatological comparison of significant tornadoes in Dixie Alley and Tornado Alley, 6/1/11-5/31/12, PI and Undergraduate Research Advisor, $5,000
- Anthony Viramontez, The Oscar Lee Putnam Cultural and Intellectual Enrichment Program (Tulane University): Investigating instrumental and environmental contributions to microscale rain gauge variability, 7/1/12-8/31/13, Undegraduate Research Advisor, $950.
- Ellen Lee and Joshua Dean, ULM Emerging Scholars Program: How does wind variability affect the amount of water collected in rain gauges?, Fall 2012, Undergraduate Research Advisor, $1,000.
- Stephen Kreller, ULM Emerging Scholars Program: Which hurricanes produce the greatest storm surge?, Fall 2012, Undergraduate Research Advisor, $500.
- Hopper, L. J., Jr., C. Schumacher, and J. Stachnik, 2012: Implementation and assessment of undergraduate experiences in SOAP: An atmospheric science research and education program. J. Geos. Educ., submitted.
- Hopper, L. J., Jr., and C. Schumacher, 2012: Modeled and observed variations in storm divergence and stratiform rain production in southeast Texas. J. Atmos. Sci., 69, 1159-1181. Link to Paper
- Hopper, L. J., Jr., and C. Schumacher, 2009: Baroclinicity influences on storm divergence and stratiform rain: Subtropical upper-level disturbances. Mon. Wea. Rev., 137, 1338-1357. Link to Paper