Minutes of CAC Meeting
The College Administrative Council met in the Dean’s Conference room from to
Dr. Ryman called the meeting to order.
In attendance: Dr.
Absent but excused: Dr. Jessica Dolecheck.
The Audit of Existing Policies, Procedures, and
Methods for Measuring Institutional Effectiveness is due on
· The Effectiveness System column is the method used to determine the quality of the program
· The Participant or Administrator of System column denotes whether the department is the administrator or the participant of the method. If the department is a participant, the information gathered is sent to a supervisory unit. If the department is the administrator of a method, the department usually receives the information that is gathered by other departments. It was discussed that most of the listings in this category would be “Participants”. The other columns ask for a Brief Description, Timeframe and Explanation of Responsible Persons.
· If sick, notify Paxton Oliver
· If at a meeting or gone from the office more than ˝ day, notify the Dean’s Office
The Dean will be going to a meeting on Febraury
13 at the
· A call for proposals should occur in 2 to 4 weeks.
· Glenwoods CEO is coming to the Dean’s Office on February 25 from until 2.
· Lunch will be served
· Will be discussing Recruitment of Nurses and other initiatives.
· Dean Ryman will be going to Louisiana Tech next week to propose a consortium for a 21 hour ED.D in Health Profession Education
· The Provost has approved this program for those professions that do not have terminal degrees
· Dr. Gibson voiced concern about the Student Health Services. She suggested that a “C*” on the record be changed to an IP ( in progress). The “C*”, which is now used by the Student Health Service, is confusing. Other Department Heads agreed.
· Department Heads present are not satisfied with the existing system. There is no consistency.
· Dr. Gibson will initiate an e-mail. Department Heads will give her input and she will then make a proposal.
· Dr. Ryman will bring this up at the Dean’s meeting with the Provost.
· Three Nursing Faculty applied for a grant and were awarded $18,140.00. It will be used to enhance the simulation lab. The nurses applying for the grant were: Donna Glaze, Jan Shows and Rayne Lowder.
Spring Conference – CODI
· CODI will be holding a Spring Conference in the SUB on February 14 and 15.
Elevator in the
A new elevator has been installed in the
· Norma Johnson in CODI will be retiring tomorrow, February 8.
· There is a hiring freeze. A justification can be written. Part time and adjuncts are not involved in this freeze. The freeze may be extended until June.
Director of Grants
· Dr. Johanna Boult will be named interim Department Head of CODI
There will be a
· The Java City Coffee Shop will open within the next week. They will also be serving sandwiches and salads. It will be located in the area of the former nursing student lounge.