MINUTES FOR CAC MEETING
October 25, 2006
The College Administrative Council (CAC) met in the Nursing Conference room from 3:00-5:00.
Dr. Corder called the meeting to order.
In Attendance: Dr. Jan Corder,
Dr. Jessica Dolecheck, Emmy Doughty, Dr.
Absent: Dr. Paxton Oliver excused
Juliet Burgess excused
Belinda Morgan excused
Dr. Corder introduced Barbara Michelaides from the
Michelaides discussed when to cut off advising for students in the SSC. What transfers to health sciences
degrees. Does each department need to
handle the transfers or do they need to go to the department head. Suggestion on transfers maybe we can get
2. Approval of Minutes.
Dr. Corder asked for a motion to approve the minutes from September 27, 2006. The motion to
approve will be set aside until the next CAC meeting in November 2006.
- Debbie Wisenor will be writing a chapter for a chemistry book.
- Dr. Fellows stated that the fall festival will be held on October 26, 2006 from 2pm 6pm.
- Mandatory advising begin October 30, 2006.
- Re-accreditation report came back with re-accreditation approval until August 1, 2007.
- Dr. Fellows is concerned about the teaching overload and department secretary leaving in December 2006.
- Beverly Jarrell stated that the site visit went very well, with a few minor fixes to the program. The faculty received a commendation from the site visit team.
- The proposal was approved by the Board of Regents.
- Interviews with potential faculty will begin in November 2006.
- Dr. Gibson stated that they are Continuing Education (CE) provider with LSBN.
- The outside doors to the building are still not being locked consistently.
- Peggy Meredith stated that the accreditation self-study report is due in 2007.
- The new structure of the professional program was approved by the curriculum committee and students will begin in Summer II 2007 instead of Fall 2007.
- Jay Hicks is planning an open house on November 16, 2006 from 2pm 5 pm for new Radiology room.
- Advisory council meeting will be on November 16, 2006 at 11:30 am. They will discuss the re-organization with lack of secretarial support. (Workload falls back on faculty). Student workers not being very effective. Student workers schedules need to be worked out more effectively.
- Jay Hicks stated that there was a 100 % pass rate on the National Board Exam.
4. Old Business.
a. Policies and Procedures.
Pages 1 3 and advising will be discussed at next meeting.
b. Substance Abuse Update
Waiting on written approval. Need a new member on the Substance Abuse committee. (Suggested Amy Kincannon)
5. New Business.
a. College E-Learning Plan
Electronic Learning committee needs a member form
The committee will be meeting November 9, 2006.
b. COHS E-Learning Committee members are
Jay Hicks - Chair
Dr. Jessica Dolecheck
Suggested members are
Dr. Florencetta Gibson
c. Alumni and donor Database Information
Management policies have sent to the department heads by Dr. Corder.
d. Library Book Allocation Funds
Donald Smith and Dr. Corder will send allocation amounts to department heads for books to order for the library by February 26, 2007.
e. Board of Supervisors meeting on campus Thursday, October 26, 2006 and Friday, October
f. ASAHP report will be due to Dr. Corder by Thursday, October 26, 2006.
g. Envision 2006 event will be on November 9, 2006 at 6:00pm.
6. Dr. Corder needs lists of all COHS accomplishments/activities/awards/research for departments &
faculty by Friday, October 27, 2006 for report due to Dr. Skelton by the end of the day on Monday,
October 30, 2006.
Minutes submitted by Judy Kalinich with approval from Dr. Corder.