Minutes for CAC Meeting
November 4, 2009
Presiding: Dean Ryman
Recording: Dr. Paxton Oliver
The College Administrative Council (CAC) met in the Dean’s conference room. Dr. Ryman called the meeting to order at 4:00 p.m.
Present: Dr. Denny
· COHS Christmas Party. The College Christmas party will be a come-and-go event held December 9th from 11 – 1:30 in Sugar 153. Department Heads will plan the party.
· Building Closures during Spring 2010. Expect campus buildings to be closed at 5 pm during the spring semester. Faculty may remain and work in the closed buildings but no classes will be held after 5 pm. The first floor of Sugar will be open until 6 pm to accommodate SLP clinic operations.
Push. The COHS is putting
together Volunteer Alumni Recruitment groups across the
· Revenue Generation Committee. Dean Ryman is the Chair of this University committee. He reported that several initiatives and ideas are being discussed to generate funds.
1. Plans are being discussed to have a Volunteer Consulting Office on campus. If you have expertise, this office will show you how to market your expertise and help support your efforts.
2. Coenen Hall will be vacated by the Community College in June 2010. The University will lose about $250,000 when Delta leaves. Perhaps the building will be used for offices, Barnes & Noble, and a coffee shop?
3. Aramark plans to expand their services to other public facilities off campus.
4. Summer conferences may be held on campus providing housing, meeting areas, and Aramark services.
5. Elderhostel services may be provided on campus during summers.
Screening Unit. Dr.
1. Patti Calk inquired about grants for smart classes. She was directed to the STAP Lab committee and Dr. Fellows.
3. Dr. Florencetta Gibson inquired about recruitment brochures and procedures. Dean Ryman answered her questions as follows: all University Recruitment units should help defray expensive COHS School/Department brochures; COHS glossy brochures may be replaced with non glossy brochures at some recruitment events; when University Recruitment units request COHS faculty to travel off campus for recruiting, Department Heads should refer requests to Dean Ryman.
4. Dean Ryman congratulated the OTA department and students for recent OTA participation in Under the Bridge, a community service project to support needs of the homeless.
· Adjourned. There being no further business the meeting adjourned at 4:41 pm.