BUDGET COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES
DATE: 11/30/06†† PLACE: NURS 106††† TIME: 3:00
Members present:† Linda
Members absent:† Brett Bennett, Sharon Chaney, Jessica Dolecheck, Florencetta Gibson, Jay Hicks, and Linda Sabin.
The meeting was called to order by Dean Corder.
TOPICS:† 1.†† NEW RECOMMENDATION FOR PROFESSIONAL FEES
††††††††††† ††† 2.†† OPEN POSITIONS IN DEPARTMENTS
1.† NEW RECOMMENDATIONS FOR PROFESSIONAL FEES
- Dean Corder stated that the lab fees proposed have been approved by the Board of Supervisors and the controllerís office has set them up to be in place for the spring 2007 semester
- Dean Corder stated that the proposed increase in professional fees from $250 to $500 was not approved by the administration. She recommended modifying the proposed increase and re-submitting it for approval.
- Peggy Meredith asked if the increase could be in increments to eventually achieve the $500 total that was originally proposed.† Dean Corder stated that was possible.
- Peggy moved to increase the professional fees by $150 to a total of $400 and that if that amount is denied, to ask if the Dean and Provost can negotiate a reduction until an amount is agreed upon.
Burson seconded the motion.† It was
passed with unanimous approval.
2.† OPEN POSITIONS IN DEPARTMENT
- Dean Corder stated that a new full-time faculty member has been hired in CLS to start in the spring 2007 semester.
- She also stated that one full-time faculty member has been hired for the Bachelor of Health Studies Program.
- There is a prospective applicant for the open position in CODI.
- There remain 3 open positions for the fall semester:
o One additional in CODI
o One in RADT to fill Deborah Shellís position
o A possible fourth position in CLS
Corder stated that the 3 open positions remaining may or may not be filled,
depending on the budget.
Dr. Oliver stated that the college is close to hiring a Business and Facilities Manager. This person will also help with budget issues.
The meeting was then adjourned.