How we shine...
Our faculty have published numerous refereed journal articles
Our students are selected to help with the development of Mutual Funds
If you were interested in this program, you may also be interested in...
College of Business Administration
Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.)
About Finance...The mission of the Finance program is to develop ethical graduates who can effectively perform on the national and international level by equipping them with the skills in fiscal techniques, regulations, and technology, to compete in the evolving area of Finance.
What you can do with this degree:Investing, Banking, Corporate World
What careers have our graduates pursued?Bank President, Chief Financial Officer, Partner in Investment Banking Firm
"I chose ULM because of the unity among the students and faculty on campus"
Our graduates have gone on to work atCenturyLink, Credit Suisse, Merrill Lynch, Bank of America
Where have our students gone on to graduate school?LSU, Texas Christian University, University of Alabama, Mississippi State University
Check out some of our learning opportunities:
- FPL Asset management has created several internships and helped with various programs with the department including a public forum on the Financial Crisis in the fall of 2008
- Stephenson and Green have provided program support and internships
- Southwest Airlines internships
- Conduct training for Chase Mortgage
- Present a program on the financial crisis for the university
- Host a three night investment seminar in conjunction with Stephenson and Green Financial Planners
- Co-host a leadership workshop done in conjunction with the Aviation Department and the United States Air Force
- Our students are selected to help with the development of Mutual Funds
Get involved beyond the classroom:The student chapter of the Financial Management Association and Phi Beta Lambda
Where are our faculty's interests?Combined the department has in excess of 35 refereed journal articles and numerous conference presentations in topics related to Corporate Finance, Investments, Banking, and International Finance