AxisTVAxisTV is a closed-circuit, on-campus communication system which uses flat-screen
plasma monitors to broadcast important information to ULM students, faculty, and staff.
Displays are located at various points around campus.
The Office of Public Information manages the system, reviews all messages for content and
posts content to AxisTV.
Acceptable Types of Messages
- messages directly involving ULM students, faculty and staff
- messages that highlight activities occurring on campus
- student led activities such as fraternity and sorority functions, SGA, CAB, etc.
- sports and special events such as theatre performances, plays, concerts, etc.
- critical deadlines for academic calendar
- important dates for university openings and closings
- congratulations to university departments, organizations and/or individuals for awards
- important weather and national news updates when necessary
Unsuitable Types of Messages
- listings of individual classes or majors
- non-ULM activities
- personal messages
- items for sale
Helpful Hints about Composing Messages
- Use of pictures is encouraged. When using photos, be sure the photos are high-resolution. Completed slides should
be in a widescreen 16:9 ration format (1366 pixels wide x 768 pixels deep) bitmaps.
A perfect template to use is a PowerPoint slide. Just be sure to set your PowerPoint
layout to 16:9 (Design > Slide Size > Widescreen 16:9). Please do not stretch a 4:3
ratio slide to 16:9 ratio slide as any fonts and images will distort.
If in doubt, call the Office of Public Information at 318-342-5440.
- Be brief and to the point as your message has a better chance of being read if the
content of the message is quickly and efficiently displayed.
- Please keep in mind the space for creating messages on the AxisTV system is limited
and your message can, at times, be competing with up to 30 other messages. With a
cycle time of 10 seconds per slide, your message would display once every 5 minutes.
If you need more information or have other questions about AxisTV, please contact
the Office of Public Information at 318-342-5440.