For Participating Students
This competition is designed to reward students, like you, who use technology for learning and in daily life.
If you participate in your school's team, you will:
Your school needs to have a Team Coach. Ask your principal who the Team Coach for your school is. Then, contact the Team Coach. The Team Coach can be any adult who works at your high school as teacher, administrator, or staff member. Every high school in Louisiana is eligible to enter a single team composed of up to 15 students.
What Will I Do?
During regular school hours, on the day of the Technology Challenge, your team will meet to compete during the morning. Your team will complete a number of creative tasks. Teamwork is a must. You should be familiar with searching the Internet for reliable information, doing word processing (Word), making presentations (Powerpoint), and maybe knowing how to do some spreadsheet editing (Excel). Working with media is useful. Although you don't have to "know everything", you should be able to contribute in a productive and positive way.
There are deadlines for these requirements:
1. Your school's Team Coach selects a team of up to 15 students.
2. Participating students are excused from classes during the time of the competition.
3. The competition begins when files are accessed from an online account on the day of the competition and ends when the completed files are electronically uploaded to a designated online account.
4. Team work is essential. Be prepared to work together.
5. While it's not guaranteed, or required, we do recommend that your school pays for a pizza party to celebrate completing the Technology Challenge!
What Are The Rules?