College of Health Sciences
Minutes for CAC Meeting
October 14, 2009
Presiding: Dr. Denny Ryman
Recording: Debbie Wisenor
The College Administrative Council (CAC) met in the Deanís conference room. Dr. Ryman called the meeting to order at 4:30 p.m.
In attendance: Dr. Denny Ryman, Dr. Paxton Oliver, Mr. Brett Bennett, Dr. Johanna Boult, Ms. Patty Calk , Dr. Jessica Dolecheck, Ms. Emily Doughty , Dr. Judy Fellows, Ms. Beverly Jarrell, Ms. Debbie Wisenor.
Not present (excused): Dr. Florencetta Gibson
1. Ms. Jarrell updated the council on Alpha Eta Society, a national honor society for Health Sciences.
∑ The college joined the honor society in 1996.
∑ The prestigious honor society gives recognition to outstanding students.
∑ Dues are $100 per year and will be covered by Deanís office.
∑ Council approved continuing participation in the honor society.
2. Dr. Ryman asked departments to send updated departmental information for the COHS Newsletter.
∑ Deadline to submit departmental information to Dr. Ryman is Friday, October 16 at noon.
∑ The COHS newsletter will be distributed electronically to alumni and community of interest and will be available on the COHS homepage.
3. Dr. Ryman asked departments to submit the types of services each department can provide using the COHS Mobile Health Screening Unit.
∑ Submit information to Dr. Ryman quickly (deadline: Friday, October 23 at noon).
∑ Anyone interested in training to drive mobile unit should contact Dr. Fellows.
∑ Honorarium may be available to faculty who use mobile unit.
4. Dr. Ryman informed council that CAC meetings will return to regular schedule with the next meeting on Wednesday, October 21 at 4:00 p.m.† Dr. Ryman will be out of the office next week. Dr. Oliver will chair the meeting.
5. The meeting adjourned at 5:00 p.m.