To participate in online courses at ULM, students are expected to be familiar with computers and the Internet. Students are responsible for their own software and computer equipment maintenance and setup.
Basic Computer System
• Access to a modern computer system with a supported operating system (OS) installed. Examples of operating systems include Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X (v10.2 or higher), and Linux.
• A modem or other device capable of connecting to the Internet.
• An ISP (Internet Service Provider).
• A modern Web browser installed on your computer. All modern Web browsers are available as a free download from the browser’s software Web site. To ensure trouble-free operation with various ULM systems, Firefox is the preferred browser.
Recommended Web browsers
ULM makes every effort to ensure its Web pages are backwards-compatiable with most Web browsers. However, some features or functionality within this Web site may not work exactly as designed if a "legacy" or older browser is used.
• A word processing software program, such as Microsoft Word, or the free OpenOffice.
• Current virus software that must be installed and kept up to date. All ULM students are required to adhere to ULM's Computer Use Policy.
• Multimedia plug-ins, such as Flash Player, Quicktime, or Windows Media Player may be required to allow your browser to access online video or interactive features. All plug-ins are available as a free download from the plug-in manufacturer’s Web sites.
Class Specific Requirements
Your class may have other computer or software requirements, such as a sound card and speakers. Please check the course information in Moodle to see if your class has other requirements.