The University of Louisiana at Monroe's School of Visual and Performing Arts (VAPA) continues to offer the cultural enthusiast opportunities for artistic satisfaction this semester.
- Mel and Melissa Mobley will present a percussion recital as part of the Faculty Artist Concert Series Monday, April 24 at 7:30 p.m. in the Biedenharn Recital Hall. Tickets for the general public are $7 and are free for ULM students, faculty and staff with I.D.
- On Tuesday, April 25, the ULM Jazz Ensemble and Concert Choir will present "The Stars of Tomorrow - A Night of Jazz and Broadway."
The musical event will occur at 7:30 p.m. in Brown Auditorium with a reception following.
$25 reserved seating and reception
$15 faculty/staff/students for reserved seating and reception
$10 general admission (no reception)
$5 students with ID - balcony seats (no reception)
Checks should be made payable to: ULM Division of Music. Tickets will be available to purchase and pick up in the Visual and Performing Arts office, located in 105 Biedenharn Hall. Proceeds go to fund ULM Choir and Jazz Ensemble activities.
- Sandra Lunte will conduct the ULM Flute Choir in a Spring Concert Wednesday, April 26 at 7:30 p.m. in the Biedenharn Recital Hall. Admission is free.
- On Thursday, April 27, Myron Turner will conduct the ULM Orchestra in a Spring Concert at 7:30 p.m. in the Biedenharn Recital Hall. Admission is free.
- Derle Long will conduct the ULM Wind Ensemble in a Spring Concert, Friday, April 28 at 7:30 p.m. in Brown Auditorium. Admission is free.
For more information on any VAPA events, call: (318) 342-3811 or go to: www.ulm.edu/vapa