The University of Louisiana at Monroe’s School of Visual and Performing Arts (VAPA) will round up its semester roster with a series of music performances.
- Mel and Melissa Mobley will present a percussion recital as part of the Faculty Artist Concert Series Monday, April 24 at 7:30 p.m. in the Biedenharn Recital Hall. Tickets for the general public are $7 and are free for ULM students, faculty and staff with I.D.
- On Tuesday, April 25, the ULM Jazz Ensemble and Concert Choir will present "The Stars of Tomorrow - A Night of Jazz and Broadway."
The musical event will occur at 7:30 p.m. in Brown Auditorium with a reception following.
$25 reserved seating and reception
$15 faculty/staff/students for reserved seating and reception
$10 general admission (no reception)
$5 students with ID - balcony seats (no reception)
Checks should be made payable to: ULM Division of Music. Tickets will be available to purchase and pick up in the Visual and Performing Arts office, located in 105 Biedenharn Hall. Proceeds go to fund ULM Choir and Jazz Ensemble activities.
- Sandra Lunte will conduct the ULM Flute Choir in a Spring Concert Wednesday, April 26 at 7:30 p.m. in the Biedenharn Recital Hall. Admission is free.
- On Thursday, April 27, Myron Turner will conduct the ULM Orchestra in a Spring Concert at 7:30 p.m. in the Biedenharn Recital Hall. Admission is free.
- Derle Long will conduct the ULM Wind Ensemble in a Spring Concert, Friday, April 28 at 7:30 p.m. in Brown Auditorium. Admission is free.
- On Sunday, April 30, Sarah Beck will present a graduate flute recital at 3 p.m. in the Biedenharn Recital Hall. This performance is part of the requirements for the master’s degree in music. Admission is free.
- Larry Anderson directs the ULM Percussion Ensembles including Pan-da-monium, Louisiana's only collegiate steel drum band, in a spring concert Monday, May 1 at 7:30 p.m. in Brown Auditorium. Admission is free.
- On Tuesday, May 2, Assistant Band Director Myron Turner will conduct the ULM Symphonic Band in a spring concert. The event will begin at 7:30 p.m. in Brown Auditorium, and admission is free.
- On Wednesday, May 3, Sandra Lunte will direct the ULM Woodwind Trio, which includes flutist Sarah Beck, clarinetist Erin Phillips and bassoonist Josh Bumgardner. Audience members will hear a variety of styles and composers in this spring concert, which will begin at 7:30 p.m. in the Biedenharn Recital Hall. Admission is free.
For more information on any VAPA events, call: (318) 342-3811 or go to: www.ulm.edu/vapa