The University of Louisiana at Monroe announced the selection of 18 students to serve on the 2008 Preview Registration and Enrollment Program Staff. PREP Staff is an elite group of students that have excelled in the areas of leadership, academic achievement and enthusiasm for ULM.
PREP is a two-day orientation program held each week in June, to introduce the academic, social and cultural aspects of ULM and to promote a sense of dedication and pride among incoming students. The PREP Staff plays an important role in helping new students adjust to college life by acquainting them with the requirements and expectations of the university and with student services and campus resources. Staffers also guide students through academic planning and registration and help provide an opportunity for students to interact with faculty, staff, and other students that can help new students as they transition into college life.
During the PREP program, parents of incoming students have the opportunity to attend the Parent Orientation Program. Two ULM students are selected each year to serve on POP Staff to assist parents as their student transitions to life at ULM.
The PREP Staff will not only have the opportunity to lead the PREP sessions but will also attend the Southern Regional Orientation Workshop at Columbus State University in Columbus, Ga., March 7 – 9 with other universities from across the south.
Members of the 2008 PREP Staff are:
- Therese Barron, sophomore, kinesiology – Saline
- Joseph Beard, junior, aviation administration – Vicksburg, Miss.
- John Bruscato, senior, marketing – Monroe
- Myesha Davis, freshman, psychology – Monroe
- Erin Estep, junior, pharmacy – Bossier City
- Chuck Ganley, junior, accounting – West Monroe
- Timothy Herrington, sophomore, history – DeRidder
- Brittany Jordan, freshman, undeclared – Calhoun
- Alysha Lee, sophomore, pre-nursing – Jamestown
- Lacy McManus, freshman, radiologic technology – West Monroe
- Chloe Rogers, freshman, pre-pharmacy – Crowley
- Celeste Sanders, freshman, pre-pharmacy – Bossier City
- Ahmaad Solmone, freshman, accounting – Hammond
- Maggie Warren, freshman, pre-pharmacy – Heflin
Selected as PREP leaders are:
- Seth Hall, sophomore, business – West Monroe
- Winston Mahler, sophomore, biology – Monroe
- Meghann Kelly, sophomore, art – Parkersburg, W.Va.
Selected as POP Staff:
- Karmen Rubin, sophomore, marketing – Shreveport
- Tricia Hawkins, senior, mass communication – Bastrop