When members of the University of Louisiana at Monroe's administration and faculty visit Bastrop on Aug. 1 to promote "Athletics and Academics Building Partnerships," they will have a long list of academic accomplishments to point out about the University.
- ULM boasts a 98 percent national accreditation of its programs, well above the Louisiana average of 73 percent.
- ULM's Bachelor of Science program in Pharmacy is the second-largest in the South and the sixth-largest in the nation.
- ULM's Master's Degree program in Marriage and Family Therapy is the only dually accredited program in the U.S. and the only accredited program in Louisiana.
- ULM is the site of the Louisiana Small Business Development Center, which presents nearly 80 separate training activites to over 1,300 participants each year.
- Thirty-eight $100,000 endowed professorships have been established at ULM.
- The Louisiana Drug and Poison Information Center is located in ULM's School of Pharmacy and takes over 40,000 calls per year.
- ULM has produced over 49,000 graduates during its history and its students, faculty and staff annually impact the area's economy by 340 million.
ULM President Lawson L. Swearingen, Jr., and university deans and faculty members will be just some of the guests next Tuesday at the Bastrop Municipal Center. The program will begin with a social from 6:00-6:30. For more information, contact the office of Charles McDonald at 281-8121.