On Saturday, April 1, the ULM School of Nursing, in conjunction with Memorial United Methodist Church, will present a community health fair titled “Don’t Fool Around With Your Health.”
The Health Fair will be at Memorial United Methodist Church, located at 401 Sherrouse Ave. (just two blocks south of campus). This Health Fair has information for all ages.
Topics to be covered include:
• Screenings for Blood Pressure, Scoliosis, BMI, and Vision
• Heart Station for Kids
• Heart Station for Adults
• Breast Cancer Prevention-Adults and the Elderly
• Dental Hygiene and Prevention Screenings
• Stress and Relaxation- Integrative Medicine and Alternative Therapies
• Sleep and Insomnia
• Hearing Assessment and Referral
• Lung Health/Smoking Prevention with Information on Second Hand Smoke
• Alcohol Awareness
• Information on La Chip, Medicaid and Foundations for Uninsured
This health fair is open to the public and free of charge.
For this story and other ULM news on-line visit ULM's News Web Site. While there, you can check out ULM's News Archive, or visit ULM's on-line calendar for all of ULM's upcoming events.