The University of Louisiana at Monroe Foundation announces eight new Board of Trustees members. The 27-seat board guides the fundraising arm of the university.
Accepting terms as trustees, the new members include:
• Nelson Abell, president, Poly Corr, LLC in Monroe
• Louis Bremer, Jr., president and CEO, St Francis Medical Center in Monroe
• Elton Kennedy, of Mer Rouge, president, Kennedy Rice Dryers, LLC & Delta Land & Farm Management, LLC
• Laura Marchelos, president, Kilpatrick Funeral Homes in Monroe/West Monroe
• Charles Marsala, CEO, Marsala Beverage in Monroe
• Randy Morris, owner, West Carroll Health Systems in Oak Grove
• Dhu Thompson, owner/CEO, Delta Plastics in Little Rock, Ark.
• Tom Shehane, market president, Northeast Louisiana region, JPMorgan Chase Bank
• Dewey Weaver, of Monroe, managing member, Inter Mountain Management
Through the years, a host of alumni and friends of the university have held board seats. Current members are:
• Jerry Allen, vice president, finance & planning, CenturyTel in Monroe
• Don Beach, Steel Fabricators of Monroe
• Bruce A. Boulware, of San Francisco, Calif., senior director O’Melveny & Myers, LLP
• Joe Farr, co-owner Thomas & Farr Agency, Inc. in Monroe
• J. Keith Hanchey of Dallas, Texas, managing director, Navigant Consulting, Inc.
• Dr. Dawn Hardin of Monroe, ULM Professor of Ed. Administration and Supervision (retired)
• Linda Holyfield, president & CEO, P & S Surgical Hospital in Monroe
• Joseph D. Jacobs, Jr., president, Gas Masters of America in Monroe
• J. Bishop Johnston, III of Monroe, president, JBJ Foundation, Inc.
• Lynn Lincecum of Monroe, president, Lincecum Properties
• Henry Logue, Chairman, president & CEO, Madison County Bank in Madison, MS
• J. Lawrence Mullens of Monroe, attorney, North Delta Title Company
• Van Pardue of Monroe, regional president Northeast Louisiana, Community Trust Bank
• Todd Perry of Monroe, partner, PPM Consultants, Inc.
• Blake Pitre of Houma, owner, B & J Pharmacy in LaRose
• B.J. Robison of Bonita Springs, FL, executive vice president Pfizer, Inc. (retired)
• Lawrence White of Winnfield, owner/CPA Lawrence I. White, LLC
• John Mark Wilhite, of West Monroe, president, Louisiana Plastic Industries, Inc.
• Trustee Emeritus – Dr. Kitty DeGree LLD-1989
In addition to board members, the ULM Foundation elects officers to serve a two-year term. Current officers include:
• President Ronnie Myrick of Monroe, chairman, Community Trust Bank
• Vice President Malcolm Maddox of Monroe, regional chairman, Capital One Bank (retired)
• Secretary/Treasurer George Campbell of Monroe, ArkLaTex president, Regions Bank
• Past President Betty Cummins of Mangham, president, Thomas H. & Mayme P. Scott Foundation
Dr. Don A. Skelton, ULM Vice President for Advancement and External Affairs, is the foundation’s executive director and Mark Labude serves as its chief financial officer.