March 10, 2011
From: Laura J. Woodard, Director of Media Relations
Finalists named for ULM pharmacy dean position
Three finalists have been selected for the College of Pharmacy dean position at the University of Louisiana at Monroe.
The candidates, who will soon visit ULM's campus for on-site interviews, were selected from a national search that began in November 2010.
The College of Pharmacy Dean's Search Committee, chaired by Ron Berry, dean of the College of Business Administration, is comprised of ULM pharmacy faculty, staff, students and a community member.
The finalists for the pharmacy dean position are:
Benny Blaylock, interim dean of the ULM College Pharmacy; he will participate in interviews March 24 – 25.
Kathryn Meier, director/chair of the Program in Nutrition and Exercise Physiology in the College of Pharmacy at Washington State University; she will visit ULM March 28 – 29.
Jagdish Singh, professor and chair of the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences in the College of Pharmacy at North Dakota State University; he will visit ULM March 22 – 23.
For more information on each candidate, please visit:
Search committee members are:
- Dr. Kevin Baer, Head of the Department of Toxicology
- Dr. Lesa Lawrence, Associate Dean of the College of Pharmacy
- Dr. Michael Cockerham, Assistant Dean of the College of Pharmacy (Shreveport)
- Dr. Gina Biglane, Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Clinical and Administrative Sciences
- Dr. Girish Shah, Calhoun Chair and Professor, Department of Basic Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Dr. Blair Wilbert, Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Clinical and Administrative Sciences (Baton Rouge)
- Dr. Michelle Zagar, Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Clinical and Administrative Sciences
- Dr. Amal Kaddoumi, Assistant Professor of Basic Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Mr. Dan Newsom, pharmacy student
- Mr. Morris Rabb, Director of Pharmacy, Glenwood Regional Medical Center