The College of Business Administration held its Celebration of Academic Excellence honors banquet Friday, May 4.
Martina Meagan Jenkins (marketing, Winnfield) received the top award, $1000, and the Dean’s Award of Excellence and the Wall Street Journal Award.
Jamie Parks (management, Monroe) received $750 and the Distinguished Scholar Award.
Jaunicia Mercer (accounting, Grayson) received $500 and the Outstanding Scholar Award.
Christiaan Cambridge (aviation, Slidell) received $250 and the Award of Commendation.
Other nominees for the top four College of Business Administration Outstanding Graduate awards were:
- Jennifer Blades (interior design, Monroe)
- Devin Canterberry (computer science, Calhoun)
- Stephen Emery (construction, West Monroe)
- Antti Kemppe (finance, Finland)
- Stephanie Brouillette Lemoine (accounting and computer information systems, Cottonport)
- Janie Lea Milby (marketing, Monroe)
- Jason Parker (general business, Monroe)
- Jiten Patel (computer information systems, West Monroe)
- Dustin Powell (aviation, Downsville)
- Lisa Rhodes (management, West Monroe)
- Jeffrey Shoemaker (computer information systems, Monroe)
- Jonathan Wiggins (economics, Mer Rouge)
- Kevin Wilkerson (construction, West Monroe).
Departmental Award winners were:
- Jaunicia Mercer (Grayson), Outstanding Graduate in Accounting
- Dustin Powell (Downsville), Outstanding Graduate in Aviation
- Jeffrey Shoemaker (Monroe), Outstanding Graduate in Computer Information Systems
- Devin Canterberry (Calhoun), Outstanding Graduate in Computer Science
- Stephen Emery (West Monroe), Outstanding Graduate in Construction Management
- Jonathan Wiggins (Mer Rouge), Outstanding Graduate in Economics
- Antti Kemppe (Finland), Outstanding Graduate in Finance
- Jason Parker (Monroe), Outstanding Graduate in General Business
- Jennifer Blades (Monroe), Outstanding Graduate in Interior Design
- Lisa Rhodes (West Monroe), Outstanding Graduate in Management
- Janie Milby (Monroe), Outstanding Graduate in Marketing
The 2006 Outstanding MBA Graduate was Barry Parker (Monroe)
Beta Gamma Sigma, the national honorary fraternity for collegiate business students, selected its outstanding students as well. The Outstanding Junior Scholarship was awarded to Katie Garlington (accounting, Monroe). The Outstanding Graduating Senior Member is Jaunicia Mercer (accounting, Grayson). Barry Parker was also awarded
the Beta Gamma Sigma Outstanding MBA Graduate Award. Greg Hilburn was named as Chapter Honoree.
The following outstanding CBA freshmen were recognized:
Baron Boyette (general business, Oak Grove)
- Shannon Davis (marketing, Rayne)
- Jason Dycus (computer science, West Monroe)
- Sarah Griffin (accounting, West Monroe)
- Tommy Maxwell (accounting, Bastrop)
- Ashley Moore (accounting, Columbia)
- Jodi Odom (entrepreneurship, Farmerville)
- Amelia Reichardt (aviation, Pollock)
- Gregory Richards (accounting, Monroe)
- Clay Ricks (aviation, Crossett AR)
- Katie Sanford (undeclared, Jonesboro)
- Kelli Shields (accounting, West Monroe)
- Karun Shrestha (economics, Nepal)
- Salman Tahsin (finance, Bangladesh)