The Lambda Sigma Chapter of Sigma Delta Pi initiated five members on April 28. To be eligible for membership, students must have an overall 3.2 grade point average and at least a 3.0 GPA in Spanish. They must also have completed coursework in either a culture and civilization course, or a literature course in Spanish.
Vice President Andrew Newman conducted the ceremony with assistance from Loukia Konstantinidou, secretary, and members Jesse Booth, Dustin Johnson, Francis Martínez, and Matthew Street.
The new initiates are:
- Jessica Brown, a clinical lab sciences senior from Monroe
- Walter Migaud, a sophomore majoring in Spanish from Alexandria
- Rachael Peralta, a sophomore majoring in Spanish education from Oak Ridge
- Angélica Salinas, a junior biology major from Calhoun
- Kiwana Sutton, a senior English major from Monroe