Sixteen University of Louisiana at Monroe faculty graduated from the Academy for Teaching Excellence Thursday, Nov. 16 in the University House.
The ULM Academy for Teaching Excellence, sponsored by the Teaching and Learning Resource Center, is an 8-week course that promotes professional development and the use of instructional strategies to enhance student learning.
Not all universities offer such an enhancement course, said President James Cofer. "This says a lot about the people who are running this program and it says a lot about our faculty who are participating, and learning to do their job better."
Mona Oliver, English, is the TLRC director.
- Carita Alexander, library
- Andy Allen, radiological technology
- Michael Beutner, curriculum and instruction
- Joydeep Bhattacharjee, biology
- Joseph Feldhaus, clinical and administrative science
- Rob Hanser, criminal justice
- Christopher Harris, English
- Alicia Hernandez, foreign languages
- Seetharama Jois, basic pharmaceutical sciences
- Yong-Yu Liu, basic pharmaceutical sciences
- Naveen Musunuru, agriculture
- Danita Potter, nursing
- Pamela Saulsberry, social work
- Cathy Singletary, curriculum and instruction
- John Sutherlin, history and government
- Kim Whorton, dental hygiene