The following members of the ULM English department presented sessions at the annual Louisiana Association for College Composition Conference at LSU Nov. 3 and 4. The conference theme this year was “Making Writing Visible.”
- Mary Adams' presentation was entitled "Audience, Process, and the Promise of Retention."
- Rick Capezza, Courtney Huntington, James Petit, and Megan Webb presented a panel discussion entitled "Get 'em While They're Hot: Establishing and Utilizing a Summer Reading Program to Pique Students' Interest Before They Even Show Up for Class."
- Jerry Griggs' presentation was entitled "The Legitimacy of Comic Books as a Form of Literature."
- Claudia Grinnell's presentation was entitled "Writing Out Loud and Visible."
- Matthew Teutsch presented "Active Learning and Its Application in the Composition Classroom."
- Kelli Cole, Chris Harris, and Allison Loftin presented "Where Are We Going, Where Have We Been? Understanding the Current State of Composition and its Assessment."
- Donna Rhorer presented "Using Images Effectively To Teach Visual Learners." Rhorer was also elected LACC treasurer.