The ULM Chapter of NAACP will host its first Annual NAACP Week Nov. 13-16.
Events held during this week are intended to promote fun as well as bringing students together through the fashion show, “floetry night,” education drive, voter registration drive, and the ball. All funds raised this week will be given to needy families for the Thanksgiving holiday.
The complete schedule is included below:
Monday, Nov. 13:
- Voter Registration Drive from 10 a.m. 2 p.m. in the Quad. The NAACP will encourage ULM students to register to vote.
Tuesday, Nov. 14:
- Educational Drive from 10 a.m. 2 p.m. in the Quad. The NAACP will educate the student body on certain diseases, including HIV, Aids, sickle-cell anemia, and diabetes.
- Floetry Night at 9 p.m. in the Wig Wam. Admission is $1 with two canned goods or $2 without.
Anyone wishing to participate in the night of poetry, dance, singing, and other talents should contact:
Brandon Jackson at email@example.com or 318-207-6867, Calvin Spence at firstname.lastname@example.org or 318-208-2329, or Fenita Young at 318-342-6593.
Wednesday, Nov. 15:
Thursday, Nov. 16:
- Fashion Show at 7 p.m. on the 7th floor of the ULM Library. The NAACP presents Rip the Runway '06. Models will show off clothing in business, formal, swim, casual, club, and Greek categories. Admission is $2 with two canned goods or $3 without.
Anyone wishing to participate should contact:
Jasmine James at email@example.com or 318-780-3458, LaToya Welch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 318-342-6646, Chivas Cain at email@example.com or 318-342-6650, or Demarcus Nash at firstname.lastname@example.org or 318-342-7501.
- Mr. And Miss NAACP Ball at 9 p.m. in Brown Gym. Meet the NAACP as they crown their 2006 Mr. and Miss NAACP.
The dress code of formal dresses for the ladies and suits for the men will be strictly enforced at this night of fun and non-stop dancing. Admission is $5 per person or $9 for couples (pre-sold). Tickets for the event can be purchased in the Wig Wam, at the Quad, or at any NAACP event. All tickets sold at the door will be $7.
For more information contact:
Mary Earl at email@example.com,
Brandon Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 318-207-6867, or Demarcus Nash at email@example.com or 318-342-7501.