October 9, 2009
Northeast Louisiana urged to "Maroon Out" Malone Stadium as ULM Warhawks take on Arkansas State University in nationally televised game
• The Grove will open at 8 a.m. for fans with reserved spots in tailgating area
• Fans are encouraged to allow a little extra time for travel to Malone Stadium
• All normal public game day parking lots will be open
• Louisiana performer Kyle Craft, whose smooth style has drawn comparisons to the Dave Matthews Band, will perform in the Student Grove beginning at 4:30 p.m.
• All gates to Malone Stadium and the Kids Zone in the south end zone will open at 5:30 p.m.
• Tickets can be purchased at the ticket office on the ground floor of Malone Stadium starting at 7:30 a.m. on Tuesday and at entry gates around the stadium beginning at 5:30 p.m.
• Miss Louisiana and ULM student Katherine Putnam will participate in the coin flip and will be a sideline guest throughout the game
• An oustanding tradition continues this year when over 400 local high school band students demonstrate their musical talent with the ULM Sound of Today as part of ULM’s tenth annual Band Day. Invited high school band members, color guard, dance lines, drill teams, twirlers, and drum majors from throughout the region are ULM’s special guests for the day, as they join in a halftime performance Tuesday evening under the lights in Malone Stadium
ULM is encouraging all fans to show up at Malone Stadium for the 7 p.m. game dressed in maroon to blanket it with ULM colors for the ESPN2 cameras. The ULM Bookstore will be offering a 25 percent discount on all maroon shirts on Monday and Tuesday.
Prizes totaling over $6,500 will be given out to ULM students including free in-state tuition (12 hours) and a free meal plan. Two lucky ULM students will have an opportunity to win $1,000 in a on-field contest and the three most spirited student groups will win a share of $1,500.
Game tickets can be purchased at the Malone Stadium ticket office, or http://ulm.ticketsxchange.com/index.asp or by calling (318) 342-3ULM. Group tickets are also available, call Robin Taylor at (318) 342-5382 for more information.
The Warhawks enter the game riding a two-game win streak and sit atop the Sun Belt Conference standings with a perfect 2-0 league record.