September 23, 2011
From: Laura J. Woodard, Director of Media Relations
KEDM Fall Membership Drive launches
on Sept. 24
The KEDM Fall Membership Drive begins Saturday, Sept. 24, and will continue through Friday, Sept. 30.
KEDM 90.3 FM Public Radio is operated by the University of Louisiana at Monroe and relies on funding from listeners, local businesses, and the Corporation for Public Broadcasting to pay for approximately half of its annual operating expenses.
KEDM is the regional source for in-depth reporting and discussions, along with a variety of music and humor that inspires its listening audience. The station is a trusted source for:
• Local productions including local and regional news with Bob Lenox, as well as "Lagniappe" and "Datebook" that provide community connections;
• Daily briefings on and in-depth coverage of important national and global events on NPR's "Morning Edition";
• The discourse found on programs such as "All Things Considered" and "Weekend Edition";
• "Marketplace" for business and economic news;
• Musical performances and guests artists featured on such Louisiana-based programs as "American Routes";
• And other unique programs such as "Car Talk," "A Prairie Home Companion," "Wait, Wait… Don't Tell Me," and "Fresh Air."
Help KEDM reach its campaign goal. Visit www.kedm.org/donate to make your gift today!