The University of Louisiana at Monroe has one of the most diverse student populations in the state and is rapidly gaining a reputation as a university with strong and caring support for international students.
The College of Education and Human Development (CEHD) proudly announces the home of a new space on campus, the CEHD Culture Connection to be used by all ULM students and faculty.
Supported by a Board of Regents Enhancement grant, the Culture Connection is located on the first floor of Strauss Hall in the College of Education and Human Development (CEHD) on the University of Louisiana campus.
The CEHD Culture Connection consists of a social space for international students and culture-related events (I-Space), a satellite of the main ULM Library devoted to PK-16+ multicultural literature and resources (Multicultural Library), and a Video Production Studio to capture personal narratives and local culture.Location:
I-Space Lounge, Strauss Hall #107
Muliticulture Library, Strauss Hall #106
Video Production Studio, Strauss Hall #109
Hours of Operation:
Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- For more information contact, Dr. Lynn Clark, firstname.lastname@example.org (318) 342-1276.
- To schedule an event or meeting in the I-Space Lounge, please contact Cynthia Rodriguez, email@example.com 318-342-1296.
About the CEHD Culture Connection:
|International Meeting Space (I-Space): A comfortable meeting space with a smart TV, international
cable, and a refrigerator filled with snacks, the I-Space is open Monday
through Friday 8:00 to 6:00 and on weekends for soccer matches and other
international broadcasts or events. |
To see upcoming events visit: CCC events calendar
|Multicultural Library: Situated next to the I-Space lounge, the Multicultural Library features a wide variety of PK-16+ literature relating to different cultural perspectives. Supported by a generous grant from Carmel Hill Fund and donations from the community, the library has books available for check out through the ULM main Library.|
|Video Production Studio: The
video production studio has a green screen and dual platform video-editing lab
to capture and share diverse perspectives from our college and community
through video narratives. In particular
we are hoping to collect oral histories that tell the unique stories of our
community and local culture. |
To schedule a time to record your story, contact John Rodriguez at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 318-342-1090.
Director: Lynn Clark (C&I)
Lemoine, Honorary Chair
· Brian Bramstedt (Psychology)
· Augusta Clark (Educational Leadership)
· Marcela Planco (Marriage and Family Therapy)
· Sheryln Powell (Special Education)
· Donnie Andrews (Kinesiology)
· DeWanna Greer (Teach Delta)
· Kioh Kim (Curriculum and Instruction)
· Yolanda Dupree (Counseling)
Brumfield, Honorary Chair
· Mara Loeb, ULM Intercultural Education Council
· Karen Frye, Gerontology
· Pamela Saulsberry, Social Work
· Dorothy Schween, Curriculum and Instruction
· Beth Ricks, Curriculum and Instruction
· John Rodriguez, Mass Communications
*CEHD Diversity Committee: members are nominated by each department/program