Prepare to Meet Admission Requirements
- Hold a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited post secondary institution with a minimum 2.5 undergraduate GPA
- Meet the requirements for admission to the ULM Graduate School
a. Receive a combined verbal plus quantitive score of 750 on the GRE. Submit scores using school code: 6482 or hold a Masters degree from a regionally accredited college or university
b. Complete Graduate School application process
- i. Submit Official transcripts from each instituion attended.
- ii. Provide Proof of Immunization
- iii. Remit $20 processing fee
- Obtain ONE of the following:
- ACT score of 22 or better
- SAT combined verbal & math score 1030 or better
- Praxis I scores: reading 176, writing 175, math 175 or better. Submit scores using school code: 6482 If any part of Praxis I has been taken (whether or not a passing score was achieved), the ACT/SAT option is forfeited.
- Take the Praxis II Content Knowledge Exam: required score based on exam taken. Submit scores using school code: 04124 Middle school exams are not accepted
Ready to Apply?
Steps to Apply to ULM Graduate School
- Complete Graduate School application process
- Submit Official transcripts from each institution attended
- Provide Proof of Immunization
- Remit $20 processing fee
Steps to Apply to the M.A.T Program
- 1.Complete M.A.T application packet.Packet should include:
- a. 500-1,000 word resume cover letter explaining why you want to teach
- b. Provide a current resume
- c. Complete 20 hours of classroom observation in the area of certification you plan to pursue and document on the Log of Field Experiences (on page 16 of M.A.T. application packet) or Download Classroom Observation Form Here.
- d. Write a 400 narrative reflecting on your experiences.
2. Submit the packet (Step 1), all official transcripts and test results addressed to Teach Delta Region facilitator (Strauss 223) by application deadline.
Spring Admission - October 30
Summer Admission - April 30
Fall Admission - June 30
3. Complete an interview with program staff/faculty OR provide Intent to Hire letter from the employing school district
Click here to download the M.A.T. Application packet
What Happens Next?
- We will follow up with an email or phone call if you are required to take additional test(s) to qualify for admission
- If needed, apply for financial aid. Contact the ULM Financial Aid Officer here.
- Eligible participants will qualify for Teach Delta Region stipend awards
- Stipends are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Applicants must meet the following requirements before being considered:
- Be accepted to the TEACH Delta Region Program and/or M.A.T Program
- Satisfactorily complete the Online Professional Development Institute.
- Complete the 9-hour block in the summer with no less than a C.
- Secure employment in one of our high-need partner districts
Learn more about the ULM M.A.T. or TEACH Delta Region program,
please contact us at email@example.com or call (318) 342-3000.
Learn more about The University of Louisiana at Monroe. (Click here.)